Fedora 22 is out, Fedora 23 is coming :)

Matt Micene nzwulfin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 21:00:43 UTC 2015

> That RHEL image doesn't ship with rails installed either, though, does
> it?

Ok ROR was probably a bad example since it's not a standard package
anywhere.

But what I was trying to get across with "track down and automate" is the
build and fix dance it takes to build a Docker image right now, where a
package used by a runtime isn't an RPM dependency.  Where in Server, an
admin isn't going to have to add tar and procps to dnf install rubyonrails.
Again, probably not the best specific examples.

But having to install python is probably not the experience a Fedora user
would expect.

And that said: if we _do_ decide to make Fedora Atomic the primary
> focus, those runtimes would be docker images, with the runtimes as
> layers

Runtimes as containers would probably be a nifty thing regardless of
Atomic's status.  I can see that as a pretty attractive use case for new
Fedora users if they can pull a containerized stack and start poking around.

- Matt M