Fedora 22 is out, Fedora 23 is coming :)

Kushal Das kushaldas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 15:30:32 UTC 2015

On 16/06/15, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > > Create a dnf plugin to ignore it.
> > Will this handle the rpm db correctly? Meaning after the install will
> > rpm still think there is a missing dependency? If this happens I think
> > you get a warning anytime you use yum/dnf.
>
> In this case, since it's only a Requires(pre), RPM doesn't mind.

I was talking with the dnf developers today. They said there is no
direct way to achieve this. But we can create a plugin which will remove
it (if it exits) after any transaction.

Another option is to try to put the package in the exclude list for the
transaction. I will try for this method first.

Kushal
--
Fedora Cloud Engineer
CPython Core Developer