dnf migration period

Dusty Mabe dusty at dustymabe.com
Fri Mar 13 19:53:06 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 03:10:50PM -0400, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> On 03/13/2015 03:05 PM, David Gay wrote:
> > I don't see a problem with keeping both installed alongside each other
> > for now, as long as people are aware that they *need* to migrate to dnf.
> > We don't want a Python 2 -> 3 "migration period". :P
>
> One release cycle should do it.
>
> Ideally we would have messaged this very loudly last release cycle. I
> feel like I dropped the ball a bit not making it a core part of the
> release announcement.

Either way Fedora as a whole should take a consistent approach. I
think if we deliberately add yum to our kickstart then the other
products should do the same (even if it is currently being brought in
by a dependency in some products already). I don't think we should
rely on a side-effect for it to get included or not included.

Dusty