dnf migration period

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Fri Mar 13 21:08:30 UTC 2015

For cloud images I don't have a problem with dnf-only or dnf-plus-yum.
But for a *Docker* image having both dnf and yum or both python2 and
python3 is going to be a nightmare for me - the base images will be
too big.

I'm guessing it's too late in the F22 release cycle for major changes
on the Docker image base. I've got my workstation-based code ported
from yum to dnf so I'm fine there. But I'm really concerned on the
Docker image front. I'll test anything you've got. ;-)

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 1:00 PM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 03:53:06PM -0400, Dusty Mabe wrote:
>> Either way Fedora as a whole should take a consistent approach. I
>> think if we deliberately add yum to our kickstart then the other
>> products should do the same (even if it is currently being brought in
>> by a dependency in some products already). I don't think we should
>> rely on a side-effect for it to get included or not included.
>
> Particularly, since it isn't completely compatible, we should be
> consistent with whether yum or dnf-yum is installed.
>
> --
> Matthew Miller
> <mattdm at fedoraproject.org>
> Fedora Project Leader

OSJourno: Robust Power Tools for Digital Journalists
http://www.znmeb.mobi/stories/osjourno-robust-power-tools-for-digital-journalists

Remember, if you're traveling to Bactria, Hump Day is Tuesday and Thursday.