Vagrant mounting /var/lib/docker?

Ryan Brown rybrown at redhat.com
Tue Mar 17 15:44:44 UTC 2015

On 03/17/2015 11:29 AM, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Any Vagrant wizards around? I'd like to figure out how to mount a
> directory on my local host as /var/lib/docker for the Atomic Vagrant
> boxen - so users don't have to worry about other ways of expanding the
> storage to putter around with Atomic and running containers.
>
> Mounting the directory works fine, but I get errors around missing
> files/directories when trying to pull a docker image. It may be what I'm
> wanting to do is overly complex, but thought I'd see if anybody had
> suggestions...

It's likely something to do with how vagrant is mounting the folder.
What provider are you using? The standard `synced_folder` has a couple
different backends (NFS, smb, etc) so it may be specific to certain
providers.

I think the easiest way to punt would be to offer a sparse image (though
what format is a whole other discussion).

--
Ryan Brown / Software Engineer, Openstack / Red Hat, Inc.