Fedora Cloud Docs

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Thu Mar 19 05:52:48 UTC 2015

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 10:14 PM, Pete Travis <lists at petetravis.com> wrote:
> Hey cloud team,
>
> I think we need some cloud docs.  Fedora has a lot to offer in the cloud
> area, and I'm sure that those engaged in the space are excited that
> Fedora has what they are looking for.  The uninitiated, on the other
> hand, are looking for what Fedora has, and we can do better to
> demonstrate that.
>
> We have a cloud guide,
> https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/docs/cloud-guide.git/ .  It covers
> some basics, ie euca2ools, but never really made it out of draft state,
> and your work has left it far behind.  We don't have anyone on the Docs
> team fully engaged to track the cloud space, or anyone on the cloud team
> engaged to maintain that guide.  Also, it's written in docbook, and a
> lot of folks aren't into that.
>
> So, as I'm working on some tooling for a new Fedora Docs site, I'd like
> to know what would get *you* into writing about Fedora Cloud.  In the
> most direct sense, it's a question about markup and delivery, ie a
> collection of markdown or reStructuredText files in a git repo.  In a
> broad sense, anything along the lines of "I would write docs for using
> Fedora Cloud, if..." would be great.
>
> Hopefully, we can find some balance between cloud and writing expertise
> and deliver something exciting.  At this point, I'm focusing on enabling
> you; let's work that out.
>
> --
> -- Pete Travis
>  - Fedora Docs Project Leader
>  - 'randomuser' on freenode
>  - immanetize at fedoraproject.org

I'm doing a lot of work with Docker and very little with other "cloud"
modalities. I'm building and deploying Docker images on Fedora and
would be happy to contribute some writing about them.

--
OSJourno: Robust Power Tools for Digital Journalists
http://www.znmeb.mobi/stories/osjourno-robust-power-tools-for-digital-journalists

Remember, if you're traveling to Bactria, Hump Day is Tuesday and Thursday.