Fedora EC2 Amis: SriovNetSupport

David Gay dgay at redhat.com
Tue Mar 24 22:21:02 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

I'm responsible for Fedimg which uploads our AMIs. Seems to be a reasonable thing to get people's opinions on. Do you *have* to start the instance up then stop it and do all the stuff at [1]? If that has to be done for every HVM upload we provide, that might add some significant time and oddness to the automatic upload process. I don't see a way to just simply toggle a flag at AMI registration time, but then again, I'm not familiar with enhanced networking on AWS.

-- David

[1]: http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/enhanced-networking.html#enhanced-networking-linux under "Enabling Enhanced Networking on Other Linux Distributions"