Note: Atomic Host integration for F22 at risk

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Thu Mar 26 17:11:53 UTC 2015

The only use case I have at the moment for Atomic is as a *potential*
replacement for "Boot2Docker" on a Windows 8.1 - 10 Client Hyper-V
host. And there I'm perfectly happy with a CentOS Atomic - all it has
to do is run Docker containers and not have a larger attack surface
than Boot2Docker. ;-) .

Moreover, Microsoft seems to be going down the Boot2Docker path and
ignoring Atomic. So I'm reluctant to do much more than try to run a
container right now, since I don't know I'd be able to find anything
in Microsoft support forums.

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 7:57 AM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 2:29 PM, Matthew Miller
> <mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 10:01:15AM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
>>> This change:
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/AtomicHost
>>> is presently blocked on:
>>> https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/6119
>>
>> Is the blocker a disagreement on where the implementation should be
>> done, or is it a lack of someone to make and test the needed changes?
>
> Ultimately the request came in 3 weeks ago, that's post freeze.
> Rel-eng has a lot to deliver in each release and limited resources,
> Changes that need rel-eng engagement should have our buy in long
> before they're sent to FESCo to ensure we have the time to schedule
> the changes as we try and freeze all changes to the process by the
> devel change freeze as well so that we can concentrate on the actual
> release rather than chasing breakages from last minute requests.
>
> Things like changes to koji should be requested with enough time to
> devel/test/integrate them and the process of using koji/mock etc is
> fairly well known here.
>
> Peter

OSJourno: Robust Power Tools for Digital Journalists
http://www.znmeb.mobi/stories/osjourno-robust-power-tools-for-digital-journalists

Remember, if you're traveling to Bactria, Hump Day is Tuesday and Thursday.