Note: Atomic Host integration for F22 at risk

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 26 17:36:44 UTC 2015

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 10:24:20AM -0700, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> > I don't know about Microsoft, but Atomic aims to be a lot more than
> > just a "boot to docker" platform, including application orchestration.
> Can't I do that with a CentOS Atomic build?

Oh, of course. The plan being discussed is that development will land
first in Fedora, on a two-week cycle, and then flow to CentOS. So, if
you want to engage early, Fedora Atomic is the place — especially if
you want to be involved in shaping the direction, but also if you want
to follow the leading edge of fast-moving Atomic development.

If you're looking to deploy primarily as an end-user, CentOS Atomic
might be what you want. With my Fedora hat on, I think there's space
for early adopters in Fedora too (and by design, Atomic actually should
make it fairly easy to move back and forth as appropriate without much
hassle). And of course, with my employer's hat on, if you want
certification and support, RHEL Atomic is always there for you (on a
still fast but even more conservative cycle).

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>