Docker mysterious behavior in F22

Dusty Mabe dusty at dustymabe.com
Sun May 17 22:38:59 UTC 2015

I think we really need to get a new Docker rpm in to F22 atomic before
we ship. One thing that I found this weekend is that /run/ is mounted
on top of /tmpfs inside running containers. This means that directories
that are needed don't exist and cause some applications to fail on
startup. A great example of this is the fact that httpd won't start
because /run/httpd/ doesn't exist.

>From what I can tell this functionality was added in Docker in [1] and
then reverted in [2], but for some reason the docker-1.5.0-25.git5ebfacd.fc22.x86_64
we are using in Fedora 22 doesn't seem have the reverted commit even
though the reverted commit did make it in the 1.5.0 tag. You can tell we
are trying to use 5ebfacd from [3], but I can't find that commit when
I clone the repo. The only way I can find anything regarding that commit
is to download the source [4] specified by the spec file [5]. If I do
download the source and untar it the version is '1.5.0-dev':

[dustymabe at media wget]$ cat docker-5ebfacda4747fb0b2473841dff9b9b771b3bcb53/VERSION
1.5.0-dev

I am also having random issues stopping/removing containers. Usually
I'll get a message like this:

Cannot stop container jolly_mclean: active container for .... does not exist

[1] - https://github.com/docker/docker/commit/905795ece624675abe2ec2622b0bbafdb9d7f44cV
[2] - https://github.com/docker/docker/commit/8e967fe8028d8362fe3dfb293a8e07a959a4dd7f
[3] - https://github.com/lsm5/docker.git
[4] - https://github.com/lsm5/docker/archive/5ebfacda4747fb0b2473841dff9b9b771b3bcb53/docker-5ebfacd.tar.gz