For Fedora 23: Atomic App & Nulecule Specification

Adam Miller maxamillion at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 28 22:50:37 UTC 2015

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 10:43 AM, Joe Brockmeier <jzb at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Would like to start a conversation about featuring the Atomic App +
> Nulecule specification for Fedora 23. These are related to Atomic, but
> not actually dependent on an Atomic Host.
>
> Nulecule spec here: https://github.com/projectatomic/nulecule
>
> Atomic App here: https://github.com/projectatomic/atomicapp
>
> Post by Christoph Görn about Atomic App 0.1.1 here:
>
> http://www.projectatomic.io/blog/2015/05/atomic-app-0-1-0/

Few questions:

Would this come with some sort of deploy/setup mechanism to enable a
backend for an atomic-app to function as needed? (kubernetes by
default?) Maybe something similar in nature to docker-storage-setup?

Is this something that should be added to Fedora Atomic Host or just
to the Fedora Cloud image? Or both?

For the Cloud Image, no real complaints there.

My only concern/reservation in respect to the Atomic Host is that part
of the goal (as I understand it) is to keep the OS install (and
ultimately the os-tree compose) as slim/trim as possible which would
then make me think this is a great candidate for a container to run on
top of Atomic Host instead of be embedded with it. Thoughts?

-AdamM