Becoming comaintainer for Fedora-Dockerfiles

Bohuslav Kabrda slavek at redhat.com
Thu Oct 1 10:36:22 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,
just a quick heads-up: I offered my help with maintaining Fedora-Dockerfiles [1] to Scott who accepted it, so I'm jumping in. In the following months, I'd like to keep number of opened pull requests and issues at minimum and also sort out some more complex issues like:
- setting up CI
- automatic pushing of tested images to dockerhub
- cleanup of contribution guidelines, readmes, etc

I think that setting up CI is the most important thing to do right now, since hand testing the images is both error prone and time consuming. I'll try to keep the track of my thoughts and the overall progress in this at [2].

One of the things that I forgot to talk about with Scott was the relation of Fedora-Dockerfiles to Layered Image Build System proposal [3]. The proposal suggests that dist-git should be set up for Dockerfiles. Are there any plans to obsolete Fedora-Dockerfiles to dist-git repos? Or are these meant to run in parallel and have different purposes? I'd like to get answers to these questions before I start working on any of the issues mentioned above. (If there are no answers yet, then I'm happy to participate in the discussion!)

So to sum things up, I'm here for you now as another maintainer of Fedora-Dockerfiles. Feel free to communicate with me through the Github issue tracker, through this list, IRC (#fedora-devel is where I usually lurk) or my private mail.
Thank you for your attention :)

--
Regards,
Slavek Kabrda