Why I'm excited about Atomic for Fedora

Aditya Patawari adimania at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 17:29:01 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am a systems engineer, managing a mid scale infrastructure in AWS
and data centers (few thousand servers). While I am not entirely sure
if this is the right thread to bring this point up or not, I would
still like to share my concerns. Please forgive me, if this looks too
far from the topic.
For me, I often have to move away from Fedora Cloud or Server editions
because of limited support cycle. I don't want to run a distribution
in my production environment where security updates won't be available
after a short amount of time. I am not sure if atomic updates or
ostree would help here. I would love to run more of Fedora Cloud or
Server instances if, at least, security updates are supported for a
longer time.
That said, I still have a fair number of instances running in
production because Fedora often packages newer releases of tools and
software which is required to run some of the applications.
Aditya Patawari
http://blog.adityapatawari.com/
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adimania
India