[DISCUSS] Cloud and Server Workgroup relationship

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 28 23:42:25 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 06:08:13PM -0400, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> There's a lot of history here - the Cloud group really started as a
> place to look at packaging OpenStack, OpenShift, Eucalyptus, CloudStack
> for Fedora. Then it evolved into cloud images and then a focus on Atomic.

Actually, I don't think that's true. Take a look at "fr1st p0st":

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/cloud/2010-January/000001.html

which says:

  There are many potential cloud goals that we could be tackling, but I
  believe that a lot of people would agree with this proposed initial
  goal:

  LET'S CREATE FEDORA EC2 IMAGES THAT DON'T SUCK.

(Although we did go to talking about packaging Eucalyptus by the next
month.)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>