Can't run a container with root bind mounted in F23 docker 1.7

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 09:53:03 UTC 2015

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 12:40 AM, Dusty Mabe <dusty at dustymabe.com> wrote:
> docker 1.7 is what is in the stable f23 repo. with that we can't run a
> container with root bind mounted into it:
>
> ```
> -bash-4.3# docker run -it --rm -v /:/host busybox
> Error response from daemon: Relabeling of / is not allowed
> -bash-4.3# rpm -q docker
> docker-1.7.0-22.gitdcff4e1.fc23.x86_64
> ```
>
> I guess we'll just have to go with it..

Why is the cloud WG waiting until the last minute to be testing this?
I mean the NVR that your referring to has been there since the 28th
July. That's a lot of time to either fix it or move to a newer version
of docker to do so.

Along with the previous thread of "the last time this was working was
TC11" that tells me the Cloud WG testing regime is sub par.

Clearly there's some issues along the lines of:
1) Incomplete test matrix
2) Test matrix not being followed
3) Use of automated test harnesses and people not checking the output
4) gaps in what the auto test frame work is capable of and people not
doing manual testing to cover the difference until it's fixed
5) a combination of all of the above

Either way the above is a blatant disregard of other Working Groups,
teams and people in the project who have to spend a vast amount of
time when a respin is required producing the respin and the QAing it
even if nothing else has changed.

I'm looking forward to the Cloud WG's postmortem once the release is
out covering how they're going to be the leading light in this regard
in F-24 because picking up issues that have been around for weeks and
months at RC9 clearly isn't good enough.

Peter