atomic/cloud package maintaners and experts: please help create test plans!

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 30 15:29:26 UTC 2015

I was talking to Colin recently, and one thing he mentioned was
difficulty in getting karma for getting updates through bodhi. This is
something where our community can really help, but it's sometimes hard
to know exactly how to test. See for example the anonymous comment on
the docker update for F23:

  https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/docker-io-1.7.1-4.el6#comment-345195

Fedora QA actually has a standard procedure for creating test cases and
test plans for manual validation (in addition of course to whatever
automated tests we can run). The procedure for doing this is at:

  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:SOP_package_test_plan_creation

and once test cases are created and properly categorized, they actually
will show up right in Bodhi.

Thanks!

--
Matthew Miller