Image versioning in Fedora-Dockerfiles (and auto-docker-build)

Pavel Raiskup praiskup at redhat.com
Thu Sep 3 14:53:35 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I've been told by Scott that we are able to setup auto-build for
Dockerfiles and do automatic push to docker.io registry (triggered by any
merged github pull request).

As a "owner" of particular component in Fedora-Dockerfiles git repo -- am
I able to somehow control docker tags?  So far I've seen only 'latest' tag
available in fedora/ namespace, but something like this would be perfect:

  $ git clone https://github.com/fedora-cloud/Fedora-Dockerfiles.git
  $ cd Fedora-Dockerfiles   # master branch
  $ cat postgresql/docker-tags
  latest
  22_latest
  22_9.4_0.11
  $ git checkout f21
  $ cat postgresql/docker-tags
  21_latest
  21_9.3_0.11

I am unable to find git repository where the script that does
'docker build' and 'docker tag' resides, is it somewhere?  I would like to
collaborate possibly.

Pavel