PRD and Atomic

Haïkel hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Thu Sep 10 19:08:12 UTC 2015

> I know there was just a PRD update. In light of the recent vote to make
> Atomic the primary focus rather than just a single feature, I think it
> could use another revision, and submission to the Council for review,
> particularly as this has a lot of impact on the overall "three
> editions" Fedora strategy.
>
> Does anyone want to take a stab at it? Or maybe set up a time for an
> online hackfest where we work together on it? (I'm game to help,
> although I'm also knee deep in other things I need to be working on.)

We had similar requests from fesco to update our PRD. I started updating
our PRD to reflect our latest changes (like dropping x86 32-bit), Mike and Joe
also updated the PRD.

Another concern raised by fesco is what will happen to the "classic"
cloud image.
We need to explain that Fedora Atomic a joint work with upstream Atomic, and
that focus on Atomic won't affect negatively efforts on Base image.

> As a council member and as one of the FESCo people involved in
> selecting cloud as a target focus in the first place, I think this is
> a good move. But let's do the process. :)
>

> (Apologies if this was already discussed in IRC or somewhere... I
> didn't see any mail about it so I figured I'd kick this off.)

agreed.