Fedora Cloud website ideas?

Matt Micene nzwulfin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 14:32:35 UTC 2015

> - Convert getfedora.org/cloud to focus instead solely on Atomic (maybe
> redoing the URL togetfedora.org/atomic.
> - Build out a separate cloud image resource site
> http://cloud.fedoraproject.org/

I like the idea of new Atomic spaces.  Rather than eliminate the
getfedora.org/cloud entirely, could we have it redirect to the new resource
site?  The mockup is a good start, I'd swap EC2 and Vagrant.

- Should the docker image live on here? Or would that be better served by a
> more generic 'other images' site for Fedora images?

I'd say the adoption of Fedora as a Docker image base layer is low at the
moment and wouldn't be harmed by having more than one way to find it.  It
could be associated with the cloud (cloud based container services as an
entry point) and with the Atomic resources.  What are the issues presented
by having it on multiple sites (link maintenance comes to mind)?

- Is the installable image a cloud base image or an atomic image? Who would
> use it and why? Does it belong here as well?

That looks to be the Atomic ISO installer. Use case is for creating a bare
metal container host or virtual host installed from CD, say for an
unsupported hypervisor.  I'd expect to find it in the Atomic resources not
the cloud resources.

Overall great forward progress!  Thanks much!

- Matt M