Fedora Freedom?

Max Spevack max at spevack.org
Wed Dec 6 15:52:53 UTC 2006

>>  just call it fedora, move along. It's not like anyone else is going to
>>  refer to it any differently.

I like the idea of just calling it "Fedora" as well.  Only drawback is
that Fedora is such an overloaded name.  But it's also the shortest, and
least confusing.

> BTW, why don't we simply continue to call the package-universe "Fedora
> Core" (with the difference that it's now located in the Fedora Extras
> framework and the Extras Packages are now to be found under the name
> Core, too)?

I don't know, I think that we want to stop having something called "Core"
altogther, even if the future "Core" bears no resemblance to the old
"Core".

--Max