mailing-list reorganisation

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Wed Dec 13 20:11:28 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 13 December 2006 13:38, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Dennis Gilmore (dennis at ausil.us) said:
> >   fedora-advisory-board
> >   fedora-advisory-board-readonly
> >   fedora-board-list
> > Should we merge the board-list to fab list?
>
> No.
thats fine.  i was not sure of its use

> >   fedora-announce-list
> >   Fedora-maintainers-announce
> >   Fedora-directory-announce
> >   Fedora-legacy-announce
> > Lets merge all the announge lists to one.  If need be people can filter
>
> I have no idea what maintainers-announce is for, but it's unlikely
> that it's the same purpose as fedora-announce.
maintainers-announce says its for
* Freeze Notices
* Mass Rebuild Notices
* Major Policy Changes that effect package maintainers
nothing has ever been posted to it

> >   fedora-devel-list
> >   fedora-devel-java-list
> >   Fedora-perl-devel-list
> >   Fedora-r-devel-list
> >   Fedora-directory-devel
> >   fedora-test-list
> >   fedora-extras-list
> >   Fedora-relnotes-content
> >   Fedora-packaging
> > merge all the devel lists into one
>
> Why? Shouldn't separate SIGs, such as perl or java, have their own
> list? Moreover, the directory server list is the *upstream* development
> list - it shouldn't be merged.
directory server i can see as separate.   the sigs while not affecting
everyone.  someone other than a sig member could have valid input.    I feel
it would help keep development focused and centralised.  I am probably wrong.
it could bring too much noise

> >   fedora-cvs-commits
> >   fedora-extras-commits
> >   Fedora-eclipse-commits
> >   Fedora-directory-commits
> > lets merge all cvs commits to one list.  i can always filter ones i dont
> > want out.
>
> Again, you want to separate upstream lists (directory) from Fedora
> lists.
:) thats fair

> >   Fedora-trans-ar
> >   Fedora-trans-bn
> >   Fedora-trans-bn_in
> >   Fedora-trans-el
> >   Fedora-trans-hi
> >   Fedora-trans-ja
> >   Fedora-trans-list
> >   Fedora-i18n-list
> > Do we really need a translation list and a i18n list?
>
> One is i18n, one is l10n.
ok i can buy that.

--
 ,-._|\    Dennis Gilmore, RHCE