fedora-maintainers-annouce (was: Re: mailing-list reorganisation)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Dec 14 05:59:59 UTC 2006

On 13.12.2006 21:59, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 December 2006 15:54, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> "--verbose" please, because saying just "foo is utterly silly" is
>> utterly silly ;-)
>> I'm really interested in contributors that want to contribute even if
>> they don't want to read and participate in the latest
>> flamewar^wdiscussion between maintainers. We really need way to get
>> important informations to those (¹). I propose a mailinglist. Jesse,
>> what do you propose? I'm more than happy if you have a better solution.
>> But no solution is bad.
> Enforce ontopic-ness of maintainers-list.

That would certainly help to get the mailing list to work better. But
that does not change the problem at hand.

> Don't fragment it even more.   If
> you're a maintainer, you're signing up to pay attention to some of this
> stuff, so pay attention.

No. No. No. I know that Extras has contributors that *only want the
results*, not the discussions (seems I have to repeat myself here).
There are for Example some upstream maintainers (I'd like to have more
of them!) involved as {co-,}maintainers in Extras. They get a lot of
mails already and they will get annoyed if we force yet another 50
mails/month on them that they are not interested in. So we need a
different solution to get the important informations to them (less then
5 mails/month). I still fail to see an alternative to
fedora-maintainers-annouce. Jesse, do you have one for those people? Or
don't you want upstream maintainers more involved?

CU
thl