[fab] Re: Firefox splash page tracker

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Thu Oct 5 02:17:29 UTC 2006

hey guys,
 The goal of this tracker is to determine how many folks we have
installing fedora, right?

If we can assume that it is likely that a user will be using
yum/pirut/puplet in a default install then we should be able to gather
the information on how many folks are using it (hence installing fedora)
from the mirrors.fedoraproject.org mirrorlist generating program. It'll
track hits against it and we can then mine those logs for the number of
users w/o obtaining much other information than 'they used
yum/pirut/puplet'.

It also requires nothing of us other than putting a log watcher on
fedoraproject.org.

-sv