[fab] Fedora Project and Hosting

Christian Iseli Christian.Iseli at licr.org
Fri Oct 20 14:35:45 UTC 2006

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 10:12:48 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> Sending those people to sourceforge is not a very good solution, as I
> wouldn't wish sourceforge on anybody's project.

May I ask why ?  Not trying to be a troll here, merely curious.

I have a few projects hosted on SF.  It's been slow at times.  It's
even been unavailable for a day or two sometimes.  But overall, it's
been pretty convenient.  Lately they have completely revamped their CVS
services, and it's been quite solid since then.  The SVN service seems
very good too (used to be much better than the CVS before the overhaul).

I think there are a few other places that host open source projects too
(though I haven't tried any).  AFAIK, freshmeat doesn't host actual
source code.

About the original topic: I think Fedora-only projects should be
hosted on fedoraproject.org, but the other stuff that can be used by a
more general audience should probably be hosted on something like SF