Fedora Board Recap 2007-JUL-31

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 21:56:29 UTC 2007

On 8/2/07, Manas Saksena <msaksena at marvell.com> wrote:
> I see the value of creating custom Live CDs. And, maybe people are
> creating them, just not advertising them. Especially, when distributing
> and advertising runs afoul of trademark issues.

First step is to make it easy to avoid trademark issues, and it looks
like we should be able to do that with generic logos in a package that
conflicts with fedora-logos.  Please,everyone be on the look out for
packages in fedora which include the fedora trademarks. Only the
fedora-logos package should include the protected trademarked
material. If you run across a package that includes them we need to
file a bug against the package component as well as fedora-logos so we
can get this fixed up.   If we can keep all the other packages clear
of fedora marks we make it easier for derived custom spins to re-brand
as needed.

I'm still interested in taking it further and trying to find a way to
give everyone who is working with our tools and our content to raise
their hand and say they stand among a group of peer projects as part
of a larger effort.  We can't have these project advertise fedora as a
mark, but I'll be damned if we can't find a way to have Fedora and all
these projects advertise..community.

-jef"it's clobbering time"spaleta