Respin (revisited)

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Fri Aug 24 19:34:49 UTC 2007

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On 8/24/07, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> This is kind of a loaded question but, in light of that, how many
>> re-spins could we possibly host that would still be compelling to the
>> rest of the world?
>>

> enough.
>
> Isn't the electronics lab spin concept hostable under this definition?
> And if so, isn't it just scratching the surface in terms of niche
> productivity spins?

Thats true. So lets use the electronics lab as a concept spin.  Answer
the questions from the first mail about it:

What are they asking us to do?
Is this a bootable CD/DVD?
A live cd?
Is this the RPMS and boot images?
Could it be all of the above?
How does the user keep this re-spin up to date?
Is what we are storing just a diff of what they've changed?
When do we stop hosting something, does it have the same release cycle
as the rest of Fedora?

    -Mike