Live Fedora start page proposal

Donald Fischer dff at redhat.com
Tue Aug 28 16:33:18 UTC 2007

On 8/28/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > The idea would be that we'd get a share of the revenue from ads that
> > you already see on a commercial web search results page like those
> > from google.com or search.yahoo.com.
>
> What are you going to do with that revenue? How much would it be? How
> transparent are those details?

The idea of the sponsorship/affiliate element would be to enable
additional investment in Fedora.  (Though I think there are other
reasons to move to the live start page beyond just sponsorship -- user
experience, communications channel, etc as pointed out in my initial
note).

Potential revenue would depend on the size and behavior of Fedora's
audience, and the terms that could be negotiated with a commercial
search provider.  Agree on the need for transparency.

don