Live Fedora start page proposal

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Aug 28 19:34:43 UTC 2007

HP> If I use my system all the time with a network connection up that
HP> doesn't work [1], can't I just go to the browser prefs and set the
HP> default page to about:blank?

Although I can't help but agree here, it should also be pointed out
that if we want to be smart about this, we just have the start page
stored locally with some javascript magic that attempts to update some
of the content with bits retrieved from the network.  That still
allows us to have the same content we have now (assuming, of course,
that we still want it) but also to provide network-provided dynamic
content.

 - J<