why I'm using Ubuntu instead of Fedora ATM

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Wed Jan 3 18:53:47 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 06:43:40PM +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
 > On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 12:26 -0500, Dave Jones wrote:
 > > Right now, rebases to newer kernel releases is the single provider
 > > of the majority of bugfixes we get reported.  If we stopped doing
 > > that, we'd pretty much be giving up all hope of fixing kernel bugs.
 >
 > Er, I think you mean "bug closures" not necessarily "fixes"?
 >
 > We close a whole load of kernel bugs with a message along the lines of
 > "we rebased the kernel and have no clue if we addressed this bug, but
 > we're closing it anyway -- please reopen if it's not fixed".

Err, no.
On a rebase I put them into NEEDINFO_REPORTER and ask people to try again.
If they report it got fixed, /then/ they get closed.

Sadly a lot of them remain in NEEDINFO, and then get closed out
a month or so later due to inactivity. Typically, we're talking
>100 or so end up like this, and about a dozen get reopened
or followed up with "yes it did get fixed, sorry I didnt respond".

		Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk