Fedora 7 will ship Nouveau?

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Tue Jan 30 20:53:08 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 30 January 2007 14:47, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> JK> IIRC we can just make it fall out of the xorg-x11-drivers-nv
> JK> package as just another file.
>
> Yes, you could, but then if it's going to see frequent revisions (and
> I believe we all hope it will) then the poor nv users will be getting
> zero-content updates all the time.
right now  the way x is packaged xorg-x11-drivers would need to require it so
all users will get frequent updates  with no content for them. same as people
who dont have other cards that have been seeing frequent updates.  it makes
zero difference if its in xorg-x11-drv-nv or xorg-x11-drv-nouveau

--
 ,-._|\    Dennis Gilmore, RHCE
/Aussie\   Proud Australian