mailing list reorganization

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 8 17:46:35 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Thursday 07 June 2007 12:52:00 Mike McGrath wrote:
>> I'd like to point out that we can re-org the mailing lists without
>> hosting it ourselves.  I just want to make sure the infrastructure team
>> doesn't take on this, which is a pretty major task, just because 2 or 3
>> people want it that way.  Is there general support from the FAB to host
>> this ourselves?
>
> I'm far more in favor of letting Red Hat to continue hosting the mailman
> stuff.  If we can do it with a different domain, great.

I think this is the desirable path, atleast for now.

1) If there is consensus on this, what are the steps involved? How long
would it take to get done?

2) Who is taking the responsibility of talking to Red Hat IT and getting
direct access to setup fedora mailing lists or getting and enforcing a
SLA from the team?

3) Do we want to move the domain and then do a reorganization or both
together?

Rahul