governance, fesco, board, etc.

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 8 17:51:47 UTC 2007

Max Spevack wrote:

> (1) Features, led by John Poelstra.  This group tracks feature
> development (from spec through code) for various things that we'd like
> to have end up in Fedora at some point.

I think this proposal is solid but I would like to have a clarification
here. Is John Poelstra going to arbitrate features or just going to keep
track of them? If he is keeping track of these features how do they end
up in the features list? Are they going to get proposed and added by
various teams and SIG's within Fedora or they driven by a higher level
group? A combination of both of these?

If there are disputes regarding the features being proposed or the
schedule between releases (A strict schedule would avoid this problem
unless we want to change it for a particular release as a exception), is
it the responsibility of FESCo or Fedora Board to arbitrate on them?

Rahul