mailing list reorganization

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Jun 8 19:54:56 UTC 2007

> Jesse Keating wrote:
> > On Thursday 07 June 2007 12:52:00 Mike McGrath wrote:
> >> I'd like to point out that we can re-org the mailing lists without
> >> hosting it ourselves.  I just want to make sure the infrastructure team
> >> doesn't take on this, which is a pretty major task, just because 2 or 3
> >> people want it that way.  Is there general support from the FAB to host
> >> this ourselves?
> >
> > I'm far more in favor of letting Red Hat to continue hosting the mailman
> > stuff.  If we can do it with a different domain, great.
>
> I think this is the desirable path, atleast for now.
>
> 1) If there is consensus on this, what are the steps involved? How long
> would it take to get done?

f-infra-l question

> 2) Who is taking the responsibility of talking to Red Hat IT and getting
> direct access to setup fedora mailing lists or getting and enforcing a
> SLA from the team?

f-infra-l question

> 3) Do we want to move the domain and then do a reorganization or both
> together?

I recommend both, and I think this is a usability question more than a
community-preference question.  That moves it from the realm of f-a-b
into ... golly, I dunno.  f-websites-l seems to be the group best
staffed to discuss usability issues ...

- Karsten
--
   Karsten Wade, 108 Editor       ^     Fedora Documentation Project