governance, fesco, board, etc.

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Tue Jun 12 18:15:47 UTC 2007

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> * bodhi, koji are immature, semi-functional, semi-cooked pieces of SW
> which still have to prove their longevity, but so far don't do
> anything but introducing bureaucracy and are almost strangling former
> FE.

So you want all of the infrastructural changes to be developed in the
open, but you don't want there to be any hiccups or growing pains as we
start to use them?

Doesn't the PROCESS ITSELF deserve any merit in your world?  Of course
it still has to prove its longevity.  It's 3 weeks old!  But at least it
exists.  2 years ago, parts of it existed, but the end result was just a
dream.

Fedora eats its own dogfood.  That dogfood will get tastier over time.

And I question how semi-functional something like Koji is when an entire
Linux distribution has built itself using it.  Seems pretty functional
to me.  And I guess I should tell all the people I met at LinuxTag who
have deployed Koji in their own environments, and told us how great it
was, that they are wrong and it actually is a POS.

--Max