governance, fesco, board, etc.

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Wed Jun 13 03:58:50 UTC 2007

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 16:29 -0400, Max Spevack wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 12 Jun 2007, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>>

>>> "Gradual transition" is what has been missing. Too many changes at
>>> once and shortly before a final release of the distribution.
>>> Effectively, you've slammed a door into the faces of lots of Extras
>>> contributors. A new build system, undocumented changes in the
>>> procedures (e.g. buildroot "poisoning") and a dramatically changed
>>> work-flow.
>>>
>> I have heard that complaint.  It is my understanding that there are
>> active steps being taken to make this better (I wrote as much on LWN
>> yesterday), especially at the FESCO level, which is one of the things
>> that we want FESCO to be able to lead!
>>
>> Am I wrong?
>>
> Do yourself a favor an submit a package for review and try to maintain
> it afterwards.
>
> You'll then probably very soon experience what this all is about. I'd
> also propose Karsten to look over your shoulders during this.

Put up or shut up Ralf.  You think you're helping but your not.

https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/bodhi

Do yourself a favor and submit a patch for review and try to aid with
changes afterwards
.
You'll then probably very soon experience what this is all about.  I'd
also propose you
document your experience on the wiki for others to learn from.

    -Mike