governance, fesco, board, etc.

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Thu Jun 14 06:35:10 UTC 2007

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 21:40:40 -0500, Dennis Gilmore wrote:

> Once upon a time Tuesday 12 June 2007, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>

> > * Before: Core+Extras was released by RH's rel-eng
> >   Now: Core+Extras was released by a rel-eng.
>
> Before core was handled by RH rel-eng team  and extras by two very hard
> working community members.  I Personally would like to thank
> Michael Schwendt and Ville Skyttä  who made it happen  i really hope they join
> in the new community Release engineering team and continue there work

Currently, the incentive to do that is low. It's not even known to me yet
how they operate. There has been a lot of miscommunication [or lack of
proper communication, respectively] about what the new tools would be
capable of. And so far much of the stuff surrounding F7 Updates and Test
Updates looks dilettantish.