Everything spin?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu May 10 00:46:20 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 09 May 2007 17:39:30 Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > It's just a matter of running it, and it can even be done after the
> > isos are spun.  From the point of view of the user, all it takes is an
> > http server, as usual, so no infrastructure work is needed.  Unless
> > you mean jigdo should run as part of the iso spins.
>
> Yes. That's the only way to do it properly I think. It should part of
> the infrastructure and release process. I will post to Fedora
> infrastructure list about this.

It needs to be used from test1 on to work out any particular bugs with
creating the files as part of the compose process, and make sure that there
isn't anything that is going to cause problems.  We have a hard enough time
with people getting the isos normally and burning them correctly that many of
us are not all that keen on yet another method of downloading.  It took a
while and many tests with bittorrent before we started to feel comfortable.
Turning this on, for the final release, without having tested it at all
before, is not a winning prospect.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora