Branding and Fedora question..

Margaret Lum mlum at redhat.com
Wed May 16 23:54:25 UTC 2007

Hi folks,

As we are in the process of open sourcing, there were some questions
that came up.  In particular is the issue of branding.

It is my understanding from a few IRC conversations (#fedora-admin) that
no project may use the Fedora brand WITHOUT undergoing the review
process, or being subject to the restrictions (ie, building/running with
GCJ for java components) of Fedora's packaging guidelines.  A
Fedora-branded package is one that will eventually be in the operating
system.

While I realize this may seem obvious, please clarify this mandate, so I
can propagate the information to the right channels in my team.

Thanks.