Will Fedora 10 Contain KDE 3.5.10 or Not?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 18:38:45 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 7:34 AM, Karsten 'quaid' Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:
> What I began to think about was a campaign around testing for each
> release:
>
>        "Test the five things most important to you in the upcoming
>        version of Fedora.
>
>        Whatever you use Fedora for, there are at least five tasks,
>        pieces of software, or bundles of tools that are important to
>        you.  Use the live images available in Fedora 10 Alpha and Beta
>        to test these five items.  You can boot to an entire system or
>        in a virtual environment.
>
>        Who knows?  You might find and help get fixed a bug that could
>        have made it all the way to the final version, where it would
>        annoy you to no end."
>
> - Karsten

That certainly feels like the right challenge statement to present to people.
I wish we had a way to hold up the people who accepted the challenge
for recognition to the rest of the community to build peer pressure
and recognition aspect into that sort of challenge.

-jef"
We could perhaps produce a line of Fedora pogs, perhaps even virtual
pogs in the shape of web banners for different packages in the
repository. Being pogs they could be collected, traded...and even
horded...but would only earnable by taking up the testing challenge
associated with that particular package.  For those for whom the pog
concept is alien, see this reference: http://www.voont.com/pogs
"spaleta