Fudcon + fedoratalk?

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 12:53:19 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 10:24:49PM -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
> We do actually have fedoratalk up and running this time.  Is this
> something that would be useful to people or a distraction?  There's
> logistical issues (like mic's) to be worked out.  But if we're going to be
> in rooms that have those fancy conference call phones or mics or
> something.  Its possible for us to use those technologies.
>
> Thoughts?

I don't know if the MIT rooms have mics, but I will check on that
today.

A built-in laptop mic will be basically useless in a classroom
configuration.  We'd need either something coming from the lectern, or
a large-diaphragm condenser mic placed somewhere central in the room,
or a pair of dynamic mics (one for the speaker and one to be passed
around the auidence).  In either case, we then need something to get
the mic signal to line level for a laptop input.  More equipment,
blearrgh.

I can investigate some inexpensive equipment solutions like USB
digital audio interfaces and mics.  Then it's just a matter of finding
budget for them.