redefining SIGs (old and new)

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Feb 1 21:27:55 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 11:43 -0500, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:

> Why?
>
> Marketing has a ton of tasks and some leadership.  Why can't we set
> up
> governance for the Marketing group?  What hurdles are there to clear?

Well, from the standpoint that "Marketing has been an informal SIG for a
long time, and is now formalizing," why not?

Simplest form is to just make an unwieldy steering committee of at least
seven of the willing and just push on, then hold elections and such
after F9 release.  Looks kind of like we're getting that by default.
I'll add it to an agenda someday soon, if no one beats me to it.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org