LWN Subscriptions for Fedora contributors.

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 20:02:05 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 11:02 AM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Jeff Spaleta wrote:
>  > We have 75 LWN subscriptions to give away to Fedora contributors which
>  > activate in march.
>
>  Just curious. How did you get hold of the subscriptions? Did Red Hat pay
>  for it?

Yes, Max wanted to support LWN's 10th anniversary achievement, and
they turned around and said buy some subscriptions, so he did and now
we're giving them out. Honestly, we don't really know how big the
demand will be.  I think some people are placing friendly wagers as to
whether or not we'll get enough requests to even worry about the
fairness of a lottery.

-jef