What makes a spin a Spin?

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 15:08:41 UTC 2008

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008, Bill Nottingham wrote:

> The fact that it would be so problematic to host spins for 10-30
> localizations frankly says something about doing spins to that
> specific of a degree; doing something where you can pick a language
> from the boot or login screen makes more sense.

What is says to me is that people should feel free to produce whatever
.ks files they like -- customize to your heart's delight -- but just
realize that Fedora probably can't host them for you.

Creating a spin is just a matter of a kickstart file that anyone can use
livecd-creator on.

Hosting a spin is an entirely separate set of questions.

I am interested in promoting a lot of the first, but not in causing
Fedora burdens in the second.

--Max