What makes a spin a Spin?

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Thu Feb 28 06:53:47 UTC 2008

On Feb 28, 2008, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Feb 26, 2008, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Doing some back of the hand calculations, the remaining 12 spins
>> will take roughly 8GiB of space for i686 only.  [...] While that
>> overall size may not sound significant, the fact that all of those
>> spins only differ by very small changes from ISO to ISO is quite
>> alarming.

> jigdo anyone?

Err...  n/m, it won't work for live spins, as Robert Jensen pointed
out on #fedora, so n/m.

Maybe distributing spins could be made more practical/smaller by
distributing only an executable recipe that downloads the packages in
rpm form and builds the live iso on the client side.  If we could add
any such tools needed to build live cds in stage2, problem solved...