Reviving the idea of Fedora Mentors?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 21:06:01 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 2:41 PM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 5:42 AM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Why do you need to track that?
>

> Why does any volunteer organization want to keep track of the amount
> of time individuals are committing and what things they are doing?  We

I can say as someone who has managed several volunteer groups into the
ground.. not knowing where people are doing things, how much they are
doing them, what is working and what isn't.. has been a lesson's
learned many times. It may seem like corporatizing a volunteer group..
but not knowing those things has been something I have rued.

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux