Fedora Board election results

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 20:53:42 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 3:16 PM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 12:03 PM, Max Spevack <mspevack at redhat.com> wrote:
>> I don't suppose there's any reason why people couldn't nominate someone.
>> Just add them to the Nominations page and send an email to f-a-b saying "I
>> just nominated John Doe for the Fedora Board.  If he doesn't want the
>> nomination, he should remove himself.  He he does want it, he should add to
>> the nomination page as he sees fit."
>

> NO.. it should require absolutely no effort at all for someone to
> decline.  If you don't want to be on the ballot you should not have to
> edit the wiki page and remove yourself or else we are going to run the
> risk of having people in the candidate list who have no god damn idea
> what is going on. Being a part the slate of candidates must require an
> affirmed acceptance from the candidate. The candidate must be
> ultimately accountable for what is said on the nomination page.

I agree that a person nominated should not have to do anything. What
about a community nominations page where community members could
nominate people they would like to see on the ballot and give reasons
why. It could have two checkboxes for "I accept" and "I decline" for
the nominated person to use to acknowledge the nomination. Clicking "I
accept" would lead to the now candidate filling out what candidates
fill out in the self-nomination process. Doing nothing or checking the
"I decline" box leaves the nominated member off the ballot.

John