Fedora, Red Hat, and the community

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 12:45:37 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 2:38 PM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at gmail.com> wrote:
> The recent Board discussion highlights that despite efforts to the
> contrary, there is still a Us vs. Them mentality in Fedora when it comes
> to the community and Red Hat.  Rather than write out a very long and
> preachy email about why that shouldn't be, I'm going to take a different
> approach.

Just my 0.02 USD, I think people are more afraid of there being a Red
Hat bias, and there is this odd hyper awareness that some people are
Red Hat and some people are not.  I think Red Hat has received pretty
good confidences and trust from the community so far.  Furthermore,
many of the 'Red Hat' people are really as much Fedora as they are Red
Hat.  I think people recognize this more than we might think.

(Yes, that sentence is a contradiction.)

-Yaakov