Fedora Board election results

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Jun 25 13:09:03 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-24 at 16:51 -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 4:45 PM, seth vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > This is not an unfair point. Being able to spend all your time on
> > something does make it more likely you'll be well known. I mentioned
> > this before but I'd be in favor of consecutive term limits for being on
> > the fedora board for rh employees tasked with working on fedora full
> > time.
> >
> > so, for example, I could not run for another term, but I could sit out a
> > couple of terms and come back if I wished to run for election, again.
> >
> > What would you think about that?
>
> I'd be happy to have a term limit even as a non-rh employee.

I'm very much for term limits, and I feel strongly that it should be a
general thing, not specific to any one person due to one's employment at
the time.

Trying to bias it on ones employment just becomes too difficult,
especially given the case that one could be a Red Hat employee in a
completely different part of the organization, yet still spend one's
free time on Fedora.

Or in people's cases like mine, I'm paid by Red Hat, with the basic
mandate of "Go forth and make Fedora successful, as defined by Fedora".
I tell RH what I'm doing, not the other way around.  I'm accountable to
the Fedora community, and if at any time the Fedora community looses
their confidence in me, then my paycheck would be in jeopardy.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!