Fedora Board election results

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Wed Jun 25 18:06:01 UTC 2008

Rex Dieter wrote:
> Christopher Aillon wrote:
>
>> Honestly, I strongly think the current board makeup hurts Red Hat more
>> than it hurts Fedora, because there really isn't much insight into
>> RHEL, or JBoss, etc. on the board.
>
> Imo, the RH interests you mention would be much better served being
> involved in other areas (FESCo, packaging, marketing), which lies
> *outside* of the board.

There's some truth to that.  RHEL engineers should be involved with
FESCo/FPC.  Red Hat marketing should be involved with Fedora Marketing.
  But for the Board which is more "big picture" type stuff, we want
product/project management to have some say in the big picture.

The Board is definitely not where technical discussions are had.  That
should be handled by FESCo or something other than the board.  The times
the Board has tried to make technical decisions in the past have turned
out poorly, and my instinct says it's not likely to happen again in the
future.