Fedora Board election results

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Wed Jun 25 18:44:18 UTC 2008

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 13:20:41 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-06-25 at 17:19 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> >
> > In this vote, my criteria has been (in decreasing importance):
> > * Not being @RH, because I wanted to see the community strengthened in
> > this already @RH-predominated FPB and therefore don't see much reason
> > into adding more @RHs.
>
> Do you feel that every Red Hat employee is the same person, and that we
> all have the same opinions and ideals?  Is our getting a paycheck from
> Red Hat somehow make us less interested in seeing Fedora be the greater
> good for the greater community?  Is there no way to get past this
> prejudice ?

At this point I could only shake my head in disbelief.
"Prejudice"??? No, certainly not. People like Ralf are long enough
part of the community to vote based on personal experience.

I'm close to being convinced that it is not language barriers that cause
misunderstandings in discussions like this. What is it then? It's a
completely different line of thinking coupled with frayed nerves.